Saturday 23 February 2008

Welcome....

I used to have a sparodically updated blog on MSN, but I decided to branch out, so now my blog will exist here! A fairly nice place for nobody to read a damn word that I write, just another voice in a sea of well... Voices.

Anyways, I'm hoping that I will be able to document software that I have written previously, and software that I am currently writing. Which if you're ever had the misfortune of meeting me, you will know that its all I ever talk about anyway. You could say I'm a little obsessive about it all, but better that, than being addicted to WoW, atleast I'm being productive!

Opposed to sitting on my arse all day grinding XP and forgetting to eat, I sit on my arse cutting code and forgetting to eat, that could be percieved as productive? Couldn't it?

Ahhh but there is that one problem that gets in the way every Tuesday and Thursday, University... Its such a pointless endevour for me now, the only class that feels like it has any substance is Neural Networks, and the rest really are a waste of time... "I've got CODE! to write damnit, I dont wanna listen to folk repeat stuff that I already know or dont give sweet fa about".
Well as deadlines will be looming I imagine I'll be making the trip from Sheffield to Huddersfield less and less, as time itself is a precious thing, and if I give it up to pointless endevours just for a tick on a sheet of paper I'll never get anything of substance done...

So as it is my final year, and I'm coming up towards my favourite time of year which is, crunch time! I'm hoping to take an hour or so everyday to document my progress on my projects in this final year, as a way of taking some kind of a break from it all, so hang on to your seat folks over the next few months its going to be a insane ride... I've got the potential Dream Build Play contender Solar Flux a new twist on the space shooter, which I am happily developing with Mongoose Games, currently a pseduo-company, as part of our team project module on the course, the DX 10 Engine I am working on for my final work, Entropy Earth, which should see how far I can push procedural generation of mundane object like trees, and whatever I manage to throw togeather for ChiChi, which I'm utterly undecided upon... But hopefully it'll be enough to entertain myself :-D.

All that said though, first thing on the list is to cover previous works, stuff I worked on last year, at Canalside Studios.

No comments: