Friday 29 February 2008

Project Update: Solar Flux

Feature: R.U.S.T. & Unholy Mess

Well I've done pleanty today, or should I say yesturday, well... It's still thursday for me in my head.

Anyways, I've fixed a bunch of bugs, highly exciting stuff honestly! It's quite frustrating if anything, because bug fixes don't always count for much outside of stability of the software... Well at times that is true, certain bug fixes actually get something new working.

As far as feature updates go, R.U.S.T. has an axis manipulation tool, which can be kinda handy, and now the material colouring selection is thankfully flawless.

Unholy Mess is a tool I haven't yet spoken about, it's basically a particle editing suite which allows for a user to generate and test particle effect settings before implementation in engine.

Heh, It's called Unholy Mess because it's initial incarnation was code wise, my idea of an absolute unholy mess. Infact it was so full of hacks I'm surprised it ran.

Anyways... Not very exciting I know, just bug fixes... Although, they should be finished at some point next week if things go well, so I shall profile them both in more depth when the time comes.

No comments: