Sunday 9 March 2008

Project Update: Solar Flux

Feature: Unholy Mess & The Chaos Particle System.



I promised that when I had chance I would, or should I say when I had completed more of it. Which I now have, I recently added a brand new emission system.

This takes our particle engine and treats it like the filthy whore it is, an absolute Unholy Mess. I don't think any self respecting programmer could work on a space shooter without having a top notch particle system capible of thousands of different effects.

There are still pleanty of features left to go into the system, such as a hierarchy control so subsequent particle effects can be played in the correct order to achieve said final result.

Anyways I ramble too much, so without further ado... The Unholy Mess Emission Tech Demo.

The video took about 1.30 hrs to 2 hrs to generate all the particle effects, and composite the video. Some effects I admit aren't great which is probably my own fault, but I took alot of care with one or two of them and I hope it shows, with some effort some really great results can be had.

Thanks for your time.

No comments: